Skip to content

SkEye Camera

2 results found

1. Change of plane

I would like to change the plane of the axis. By placing the phone parallel to the optic axis (flat on the tube)

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Capture  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A powerful finder

Combine it with the Skeye planetarium software.
    For rough direction to find an object, use the SkEye capability (sensors of the phone), than align finally via plate solving.
    Define calibration of phone direction, as the phone might not be parallel to the telescope axis, and most phone holders do not allow any mechanical adjustment.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. 

Just to let you know, SkEye Cam has a simple yet effective alignment option. I have used it to find DSOs from city skies very easily, and it doesn't require mechanical adjustment.

While in Live View, click the "unlock cross-hairs" button, and then drag the cross-hairs so that they are centered on the star or terrestrial object that is in the center of field of view. And then press lock. That's it!

Integration with SkEye for sensors isn't required, as SkEye Cam does use sensors on its own too. However, SkEye has a larger database of objects. I am still in two minds whether to replicate the database in SkEye Cam or to integrate with SkEye in some way.

clear skies!

• Don't see your idea?

SkEye Camera

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base