Skip to content

SkEye App

SkEye aims to be an advanced planetarium for Android.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome here. For submitting bug reports, it is better to raise a ticket.

Please submit each idea separately. Even if two ideas are related, it helps to track them separately.

1 result found

1. Option to use current location

I may be out hiking. Needing to add my location each time is unnecessary. If I plan on going back then I can see saving the spot but even then your location could be off by a few feet or a few hundred yards.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, it makes sense to have a dynamic location that is based on current location of the device. This will benefit those users who don't mind keeping location services enabled for longer times. Not a big issue these days because newer versions of Android offer good control over location permissions for apps.

Note to myself: A related idea would be to inform the user when current location is very different from their currently selected named location, if any.

Aside, note that a few feet or few yards will not make much difference in terms of accuracy. 2 kilometers on the earth's surface roughly translates to about 1 arc-minute of difference on the celestial sphere.

• Don't see your idea?

SkEye App

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base