Skip to content

SkEye App

SkEye aims to be an advanced planetarium for Android.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome here. For submitting bug reports, it is better to raise a ticket.

Please submit each idea separately. Even if two ideas are related, it helps to track them separately.

4 results found

1. change magnitude level

I would like to be able to change the magnitude level of the stars so what I see on my phone resembles what I see with my eyes. I mainly use the app hand held and find it can be a bit confusing at times because there are too many stars on the screen.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have added the setting for relative scale in Map settings > Stars.

The update (v8.4.0) is being rolled out now.

The absolute and relative scale will take care of adapting the stars to the visible magnitude level.

For catalog objects, the Pro version has a detailed catalog filter.

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas. I have created separate topics for them. If I missed some, do feel free to add a new topic yourself.

Links:
    https://skeye.uservoice.com/forums/93533-ideas/suggestions/44145879-opacity-of-label-line-should-match-label-opacity

https://skeye.uservoice.com/forums/93533-ideas/suggestions/44145840-simulate-light-pollution

https://skeye.uservoice.com/forums/93533-ideas/suggestions/44145900-simulate-atmospheric-scattering-of-sun-and-moon-li

2. Allow for larger screen fonts.

The screen fonts are very tiny on the Nexus 7. The problem is worse at night as extra wide pupils of dark adapted eyes will aggravate any vision shortcomings.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available in version 7.3.x

To change the label font size, open Map settings from Map screen, then under “General” category, you will find the “Label scale” option.

I have started rolling out the release today. It might take couple of days to reach everyone.

3. Increase upper limit of the "Label Scale" setting

Adding "Label Scale" setting (in Map Settings->General) was excellent idea, however the current maximum of that setting is too small. Increasing the maximum would allow short-sighted users to avoid using eyeglasses during observing sessions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I have bumped the upper limit of the label scale to 4 (from the current limit of 2).

If that's not sufficient, let me know. I am hesitant to bump it beyond 4 because it might fail in some unforeseen way.

The changes will be available in SkEye 9.0. 

Note: The Pro version is rolling out this month. The Free version will probably roll out next month as it needs some more work.

4. Wikipedia link from info pointing to localized version

When the app is using localized object names ( i.e. "Luna" in Italian, "Moon" for English, the Wikipedia link available from the info window is pointing to english wikipedia.org, sometimes leading to non existing pages. Adding ISO language codes to the link (for the example above "it.wikipedia.org") should point to the correct page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SkEye App